I found the name for this community from the Bible:
'That our daughters may be as pillars,
Sculptured in palace style.' -Psalm 144:12 b
This is not a women only community, however.
I especially would like people to share icons and banners that are lovely and ones that are favorable of the Bible.
The reason I started this community was because I didn't see any that were made specifically for Christian icons and classic painting icons. You are not limited to just those two categories, but if you take icons from movies/shows, I'd appreciate it if they are only Christian or very family-oriented.
Clean art from old books, magazines, etc., are also welcome. (Please do not post pictures you think are still under copyright.)
1. No nude (or skimpy clothing) pictures/icons, profane language, sexual references, or rude comments.
2. No anti-Christian icons or anti-Christian comments.
3. No icons/pictures in favor of evoloution.
4. No homosexual icons/pictures.
5. No depictions of Jesus unless the face is obscured and the hair is short (above shoulder-length)
6. No Catholic icons/pictures, such as rosaries, Mary with a halo, the pope, etc., or any Catholic sentiments. (I'm not banning Catholics, however, as long as they stay Biblical.)
7. No icons having to do with Hinduism, Bhuddism, Mormonism, etc. This is a Christian community.
8. No Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings trilogy icons.
9. No icons/pictures which in a positive or light way portray demons, witches, wizards, fairies, dwarves, elves, ghosts, UFOs, aliens, yoga, ouigi boards, or things of that nature. (They may all be demonic things.)
10. No Halloween icons (a pagan holiday)--I also believe Christmas originated from pagan origins, so no matter how "Christian" people think it is, I am afraid it is not. I am okay with "Christmas" icons as long as they are Biblical in nature (and other exceptions may be made).
11. No women angels (or men angels with long hair)
12. If you are posting more than 4 icons, put them under an lj cut.
13. If you take any icons, follow each person's rules (if they post any). It is customary to comment, ceedit, and not hotlink.
Any posts which include offensive content will be deleted, or asked to be revised.
If you have any questions or comments, you may e-mail me at misshoneybee @ gmail.com (without the spaces).
Would you like to be an affiliate? Just comment and you'll be considered! =)
The background for my journal is from: